Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just a Little Summer Fun

The two older girls are gone this week on a mission trip. The rest of us felt the need to do something fun! We decided to pay my sister Linda a visit.
How can you not have fun with someone who agrees to babysit the science teacher's lizard all summer?
These fun masks were in a cute country general store. How do you like my Carmen Miranda look? Maybe strapping on a fruit bowl would be easier then styling each morning.
This is Linda. I think her mask fits her personality pretty well. Of course my 14 year old daughter was mortified that we "old women" could act this way!
We visited a real Amish store. The fans and refrigerators were run by generators. Very interesting.
An Amish cemetary.
We were laughing a little at this lady. I don't know if you can see it-but the floor of her wagon is full of Mountain Dew and Pepsi.
I found a few cute fabrics at a quilt shop. A retro girl's print and a 30's style boy's print with adorable puppies.
I also brought home a cute boy cousin to stay overnight!


2 comments:

Linda Husted said...

Great pictures!! I think the little boy in the orange shirt is the cutest thing ever ;)

The James Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! I love the fabric you found very cute!! Hunter says he CAN'T wait to see the boys!! :) He misses them like crazy!