Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Favorite Chair



This is my favorite piece of furniture in my home. It is a child's rocking chair that belonged to my Grandma. I was able to get it at the auction they had before both grandparents went into the nursing home. I didn't know the chair existed before this. You see, my Grandpa had a child's rocker that had been in the family for generations that I always loved. However, this chair was to be passed down to the first grandchild that would carry on the family name. Being a girl eliminated me from this. My uncle knew how much I liked Grandpa's chair and at the auction he pointed out that this had been Grandma's chair. I was able to get it for a low price! The seat was in poor condition but a friend replaced it and refinished it. The best part about all this is that I found a picture of my Dad sitting in this very chair when he was a baby. My Dad passed away when I was five and my Grandma passed away in 2007. They were both very special to me. I just recently hung the picture above the chair. They are in my foyer and I am loving seeing them together.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Love the chair Laurie, and the sentimental value makes it even more special. I love how you hung the photo of your Dad with it.
Have an awesome weekend.
Leigh Ann